Navigation Bar

Image Map

Friday, June 20, 2014

Benvenuto a Italia!

Ciao ragazzi!! So here it is, my first blog post from Firenze, just like I promised! It is 11:28pm here (5:28pm your time) and I could not be more exhausted! Now I know why all these Italians are so skinny- they walk everywhere!

So, considering my exhaustion and prolonged jet lag, this blog post will be a brief one. The following are just a few snapshots of my favorite moments within my first 48 hours in Italy. I captured the best drinks: a Spritz (1st picture) and the classic cappuccino (last picture). The other pictures consist of myself and my classmates exploring the city.

Despite our delayed flight and LOST LUGGAGE, we were still lucky enough to make it to the Pitti Uomo trade show on the day we arrived in Florence (pictures 2 and 3)- talk about wardrobe envy! This trade show was probably the most awe-inspiring glimpse into the undercover world of the fashion industry that I had ever experienced. I came dressed in a polyester maxi skirt and lace-embroidered shirt, and I have never felt so under-dressed in my life. People-watching was at its prime here. The most beautifully dressed Italians glided through the trade show venue as if they were royalty- dressed in the most bizarre but brilliant designer clothing. I'm talking girls in dresses with new balance sneakers, men decked out in suits consisting of 3 different patterns, couples matching in cream silk outfits...

The trade show consisted of designers show-casing their lines for the 2016 fall/winter and spring/summer collections. This was their time to show buyers that they had the next best thing, and everyone brought their A game.

The following pictures show what I did today- my second day in Firenze. We had time to explore the city- the Duomo, various markets, and of course our apartments! (Picture 7). 
Every moment I spend here could not be any more valuable to me, so I am soaking up every second of every day. As for tomorrow- I am waking up at 6:30 to visit the central market and go on an early morning run around the city! A presto!





No comments:

Post a Comment