Navigation Bar

Image Map

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

La Bella Figura


Hey followers!
After a long (but seemingly short) stay in Europe, I am officially back in the US! I stayed in Firenze for a total of 4 weeks, with the occasional weekend trip to Roma.. Venice.. etc. I can honestly say that my 4 weeks of adventure in a foreign country were the four most eye-opening, liberating, and inspiring weeks of my life. Being the fashion student that I am, I was inspired by the surrounding pedestrians of Italy (whether it be a fellow study abroad student or a stylish business person at a trade show) and their unique sense of style. 

The picture above (abbigliamento means clothing) is just a few of the outfits that I was able to capture amidst my adventures around the cities of Italy. It just so happens that each of the pictures were taken in a different city! Here is what I was wearing:
Roma:
I needed something that was lightweight and wouldn't be too hot for walking around the city all day (10 hours to be exact). 
Black deep V-neck dress || Brandy Melville
White Chucks || Journey's 
Knee-Length Socks || Target
Chianti:
As I said before, wine tastings are the perfect place to dress up and look classy! Besides the poorly-lit wine cellars, I had a relatively easy time walking around in my 5 inch platform heels!
Green Sheer Pants || Tobi.com
Cream Tank || Brandy Melville
Maroon Bralette || Urban Outfitters
Platform Sandals || Shoemint.com
Lamb Skin Leather Bag || Firenze Leather Market
Venezia:
When I think Venice, I think of a beautiful, romatic city built on the water. I wanted to wear something comfortable but still pretty and feminine.
White Sheer Striped Dress || Arden B
White Sandals || ALDO
Firenze:
The last outfit is among the many different outfits I wore in my city- Firenze! On this particular day, my Italian fashion class happened to be taking a trip to the Gucci Museum. I wanted to wear something that was fashionable, but still appropriate. (By the way, I was holding in my hand a sandwich from one of the best little shops in Firenze!!)
Polka-Dot Button-Down || H&M
Pink Skinny-leg Pants || H&M
Yellow Scarf || Target
Black Sandals || Calimala 31

































Okay, so enough with my boring outfits. Let's get to the fun stuff! Here are six pictures of some of the outfits of pedestrians that were so kind as to let me take their picture. Unfortunately, I was not able to record where their clothing was from... The only thing I know for sure, however, is that the woman on the bottom right corner (whom I stopped at the Pitti Filati Trade Show) happens to be wearing a pair of brand new Valentino heels. How cool! It's so inspiring walking through the streets and being surrounded by some of the best-dressed people I have ever seen. I am going to try and emulate what I have seen over the past month and bring it to you guys! Until then, excuse me while I reminisce over old pictures and cry in a corner...


1 comment:

  1. sStudy Abroad Consultants in Hyderabadhas made over 10,000 students to be placed in prestigious colleges across the world...Students can see their dream come true in every aspect with Us.

    ReplyDelete