Navigation Bar

Image Map

Monday, July 7, 2014

The Androgyny Effect








Photos by: Twanii Steer

I don't think I would be the only one to argue that a new Lookbook is long overdue. So, my fellow Not So BGC members, here it is. With Ali still gone, I recruited my boyfriend to be my partner in crime for this one. He has recently fell in love with his semi-new Nikon D3200, so it wasn't hard convincing him to take her out for a shoot. He found the location and I dressed for the occasion. 

The spot we chose to shoot has became a tad bit run down and the art isn't as glorious as it once was but that didn't stop us from still getting some dope shots. My outfit meshed perfectly with the setting and complimented the various colors of the art and landscape. I again went for the androgynous, street style which was easy and simple to put together. Ali and I seem to do a lot of this look but I feel that is because it is what we are most comfortable doing and have the most fun putting together. And what can I say, this is the NOT SO Billionaire Girls Club. We encourage all of our followers to purchase cheap staple items, such as my men's button down that was on sale, and then jazz it up with crazy lip colors and bright accessories. Going about styling this way will not only save you money, but makes for great street wear. 

After climbing on trains and overpasses, we were pleased with what we had accomplished and headed back to the car. A quick note to all our female followers out there, venture out of your gender comforting clothing and try a more boyish look. It's ironic how much your inner femininity will begin 
to take over. 

Detroit Red Wings Snapback ||  Mitchell & Ness
Sunnies || Ray-Ban
Gray Patterned Button Down || Cotton On
Basic Denim || H&M
Patterned Socks || Target
Black Chucks || Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment