Navigation Bar

Image Map

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Nomadic Urbanite


This past Monday, Kayci and I took advantage of our day off and ventured through the city in pursuit of new and impressive scenery to compliment our lookbook attire. Another beautiful day took us on an adventure through Northern Central Park and around town in Upper Manhattan. It's funny how you can get lost in the city and be completely content with your state of detachment. For one thing, neither of us had any idea how enormous Central Park was! We were in the Northern end, where the tourists cease to exist and the inhabitants of the city are taking their daily walks and lunch breaks. It was almost relaxing- as hard as that may be to believe in "the city that never sleeps."

Next, we moved on into the city, which was surprisingly relaxed as well. The Upper East Side consists mostly of New York civilian living, where the busy busy New Yorkers take a break at night and go home to their apartments. It is here that I can see myself living in the future- a fragmented part of New York City life that isn't as busy and hectic as it always seems.

Anyway, moving on to the fashion portion of this post- the reason my whole life seems to have any meaning anymore... My outfit plays on the idea of a headstrong city-dweller... I guess I may not be playing a role anymore; this outfit completely encompasses my current role in the city. I try to act and dress like a professional who knows what they're doing and where they're going but in reality... I'm a tourist in disguise.

I hope that my blog viewers see this as a real "Pantone pop" of color. I may not wear a lot of color, but I find that there is beauty in that simplicity. I like to keep my outfits rather simple and let the scenery and my surroundings do the talking. Not everything fashionable and fun is loud and in your face. Sometimes the most interesting elements are subdued and in the background. 

Striped Blazer || Forever 21
White Tank || Zara Trafaluc
Black Shorts || J. Crew
Black Sandals || Necessary Clothing
Neon Purse || Target


No comments:

Post a Comment