Navigation Bar

Image Map

Sunday, February 9, 2014

No, We Won't Take Pictures of Your Shingles




Hello lovelies,
Last Thursday Kayci and I decided to take advantage of the great murals Richmond has to offer and shoot right down the street from our fashion building. If you ever come to visit Richmond, go to the Village Cafe and check out the cool murals on Harrison Street. There are loads of colorful pieces that distract you on your walk to the Village, or Edo's Squid, or any of the other great restaurants. I took my photos by this more vintage looking mural (not one of my favorites) because it matched my outfit pretty well. 

Lucky for me, I was blessed with a very stylish mother and as I was putting together this outfit I realized that she has literally bought me every piece of clothing that I was wearing... The shorts are leather shorts by Lauren Conrad and they are a good piece for winter when I'm getting tired of the same old outfits with pants. This past Christmas, she gave me this vintage-inspired jacket from H&M which I love, but have had difficulty pairing with an outfit. After tearing apart my closet, I decided to go with the hard vs. soft look and wear it with some dark colors and rugged combats.

This street is pretty busy, so as we were casually posted up against the brick walls, plenty of Richmond residents gave their loving honks as they drove by. Thanks, guys. Also, we were accompanied by some friendly roofers nearby who asked us if we were photographers willing to take pictures of their work for advertisements. We politely declined their offer: "Sorry, we just stick to fashion."

River Island Black Shirt || Asos
Leather shorts || LC by Lauren Conrad
White Lace Jacket || H&M
Scarf || Kohls 
Black Combat Boots || Candies for Kohls


No comments:

Post a Comment