Navigation Bar

Image Map

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Why Did You Leave Me Waiting?







Originally, I was not going to do a Lookbook the same day Ali did hers but I found myself unable to sleep the night before thinking about what I could do with my riding pants. Although I did not have an exact location of where I wanted to shoot, I had a vision of something slightly editorial. As we made our way downtown, David mentioned the train station and I immediately thought how perfect this location would be. The pictures ended up giving a Paris cafe vibe with an industrial Richmond twist-quite tasteful if I must say. The lighting was a little difficult to work with and not to mention I'm somewhat difficult to shoot because of my awkwardness but we defeated the challenge and pulled through with some great shots. The day was pretty amazing for both our Lookbooks. Also, David was an awesome addition to the team!

Like I said before, I often cannot sleep if I have an outfit idea residing in my mind. I end up getting out of bed multiple times to try on different pieces. It is certainly a problem but that's what I get for becoming a fashion major and allowing clothes to control my life. As I put my riding pants on, I had trouble mixing the color with a top. These pants are deceiving; first they will look tan but then later a hint of olive green shows through. I took the easy way out and went with a sheer black top and used gold accents in my jewelry to compliment the semi-dull colors. I brought my wedges with me for the shoot because I always say the right shoes make an outfit. Who agrees? Also, I want to let anyone that isn't a Richmond native know that it is simply impossible to walk around Downtown and even around campus in any type of elevated shoe. Too many cracks and uneven sidewalks, oh and we cannot forget about the cobblestone that your stilettos get lodged into.

Black Bralette ||  Journelle
Sheer Black Button Up || Cotton On
Steve Madden Wedges || DSW Shoes
Gold Triangle Necklace || Forever 21
Safari Brown Riding Pants || American Apparel


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this look! I've been eyeing AA's riding pants in that exact color for a long time.

    http://theleatherfannypack.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raissa,

      Although the color is little weird, they are actually quite flattering! You should purchase soon.

      Exclusively,
      Kayci

      Delete